Our specialty has become the hardscapes portion of the landscape – which includes the non-living portion of the design… patios, walkways, retaining walls, outdoor kitchens, sitting walls, fire features, pool patios and driveways.
Our design process starts with a phone call to our office. The initial meeting generally begins with a lot of dialogue regarding what the project involves and what you as a customer can expect from us as the contractor.
We have 4 levels of the design that depend on the complexity of the project and how involved the layout is. The Ultimate goal of the sales and design team is to be able to communicate all of the necessary information to the foremen and crews in order to get the project installed as specified.
LEVEL 1: Design Center Visit
The first level of design is a consultation that's done during a meeting with you in our showroom.
- Meet with one of our professionally trained design/sales staff to discuss your project.
- Begin to look at the available product choices, design features, colors and patterns.
- Bring in a couple of photos of the project area with 1 or 2 dimensions of the space, and we will work with you to create a hand drawn design.
- This will give us a starting point to be able to ballpark an estimate for the cost of the project installation.
- Please call us to set up an appointment for these visits or click the link on the right. We want to be able to devote enough time to you and your project.
LEVEL 2: On-Site Design and Installation Consultation and Hand Sketch
This level of design is a hand drafted line drawing.
- It is usually generated in the field during the first meeting.
- For many of our projects, the hand drawn design is enough for our crews to take to the field and install the project.
- As the complexity of a project increases, (like with different levels and heights, steps and walls in combination with pavers) so does the need for a more complex and complicated drawing.
LEVEL 3: CAD Drawing (design fees may apply)
The next level in the design process is to produce a CAD drawing.
- Allows us to get very detailed with the information we want to communicate.
- Layers of notes and graphics can be turned on and off as needed for each phase of the project.
- We have the ability to show paver patterns, border details, plant selections, future design elements and notes for everything. (A minimum deposit and commitment is required for this step.)
LEVEL 4: 3-D Rendering (design fees may apply)
The last level in our design process includes a 3-D rendering of the design.
- Assists in the visualization of the general design concepts and elements to be discussed.
- We have found this to be a highly effective sales tool when trying to present a more advanced design idea.
- This is not for the average project, but for those that are difficult to visualize because of the complexity. (A minimum deposit and commitment is required for this step.)